Friday, August 24, 2012

Welcome to Teaching with Smartphones!

My name is Rich Bailey, and I teach English for the Center for English Language Education at Asia University in Tokyo, Japan.

For the last few years, I have been exploring how to use Anki, a spaced-repetition flashcard program, in and out of the classroom at my Teaching with Anki website.  It has been very interesting and rewarding work, and now I would like to broaden my perspective and look at other uses of smartphones in teaching.

Smartphones and related devices are rapidly becoming the dominate form of technology in society, and as educators, we need to jump on that train or get left behind!

While there are a thousand and one ways that smartphones can be used in the classroom (attendance apps, feedback devices, etc.), my main focus will be on figuring out ways that teachers and students can use their smartphones to improve and enhance the process of learning a language - in this case, English.

Hopefully this site will become a place for exploring and sharing ideas and information for teaching with smartphones!

No comments:

Post a Comment